Top Ten Reasons to stay Preferred Club at Dreams Resort-Los Cabos
Welcome back to my second post about Dreams Los Cabos! See my Hotel Review Post Here!
Today we are going to look into the top ten reasons why you should consider upgrading to the Preferred Club. Many people ask me “Is it really worth the extra money to upgrade?” For me? Yes, it is worth it! However, everyone perceives good value for the money differently so I can’t give you a fair yes or no answer. I can tell you some of the great benefits to help you decide if this is the right choice for your vacation!
While this post is mainly geared towards Dreams Los Cabos, you could apply this to any of the AMResorts (other Dreams properties, Secrets, Breathless, etc.). So without further ado, here are my Top Ten Reasons You Should Upgrade to Preferred Club:
10. Private Check-In & Check-Out - As soon as you step out of your ride from the airport you are welcomed with a cool towel and a glass of champagne! You’re then whisked away to the air conditioned preferred lounge where you have their undivided attention from the moment you walk in to the moment you check-out. 9. Personal Concierge – The Concierge team can help you with (nearly) anything your heart desires! Need directions to that restaurant your visiting tonight? They can print you a map and call a cab for you! Want to get a massage and facial? No problem! I found that I didn’t need to book my spa appointments ahead of time. In fact, they booked mine several days after I arrived. They were able to call the spa and make them for me.
8. Private Terrace & Lounge – Located in the Preferred Club is a private lounge and outside terrace only for preferred club members. This is a great place to start your day with a cup of coffee. More of a night owl? Enjoy a cocktail or a glass of wine on the patio and gaze at the stars. I always found a seat!
7. Daily Continental Breakfast, lunch, hot and cold o’oeuvres and fine desserts – Every morning I looked forward to going down to “the club” (as we started calling it) and enjoying a light breakfast and a freshly brewed cup of coffee. It became my morning ritual. The bartender would see me walk in and start brewing coffee for me. My boyfriend looked forward to visiting the club in the afternoon for sushi and a Pacifico beer. That became his ritual.
6. Coupon Booklet – At check-in you’ll receive a small booklet of coupons. They are valid for amounts such as $20, $40, etc. You can use them for massage and body spa services (up to $100 USD), a romantic dinner on the beach (up to $60 USD), bottles of wine (up to $40), or even a room upgrade if you decide to combine your resort coupons and receive up to a 50% discount for room upgrade! 5. Schedule Housekeeping & Turn down service – This gives you more freedom and flexibility on your vacation. Sleep in a little and don’t worry about someone knocking on your door at 9am. Don’t want housekeeping today, but turn down service promptly at 8:25pm? That’s fine too! 4. Pillow Menu – Prefer foam pillows over feather? Need an orthopedic pillow? Ask the concierge team about the pillow menu. You can call anytime to change your pillow request!
3. Upgraded minibar and luxury bath amenities – Like every room, you get your standard bathroom amenities. Soda and bottled water in the mini fridge, shampoo, soap, vanity pack, sunscreen, etc. With preferred club you get a few extra amenities like several mini bottle of booze, a toothbrush and toothpaste, a comb, a razor, and a small tube of shaving crème. *Hint: the sunscreen smells like creamsicle!
2. Reserved beach area with upgraded bar - There is a reserved section on the beach that only preferred club members have access to. This makes finding a lounge chair a little bit easier, especially during high season. There is an attendant that makes sure you have dry towels and cold cocktails. They also have an upgraded bar here!
1. Staff Service – This is similar to #9, but this is more about service and great service always gets me. I have this thing with excellent customer service. The staff at Dreams Los Cabos (or any AMResort) do not disappoint! We made friends with the bartenders, by the end of our vacation they knew our names and what drinks we liked. They were always asking us what we were planning on doing today, how yesterday’s activity went, and made many great suggestions. Now, I’m not saying that if you don’t stay in preferred club you won’t get good service, preferred club just takes it one step further and is what will guarantee my return to the preferred club.
Want to experience Preferred Club for yourself? Contact Hallie, your Vacation Specialist, for your complimentary quote!